I’m a master storyteller who enjoys unraveling tough problems and inspiring clients to think about content in fresh new ways. Versatile and collaborative, my talent for thoughtful analysis is balanced by a knack for communicating clearly in writing and in person. I’ve proven myself to be dynamic and able to apply my creativity when generating, developing, and executing strategic business objectives.
Google, AKQA, Razorfish, San Francisco, CA
Freelance Content Strategist, December 2013 – Present
• Performed landscape audits, gap analyses, and content inventories; interviewed stakeholders, and used analytics and insights to inform content priorities.
• Developed effective methods for documenting, organizing, and presenting findings, recommendations, and strategies for current application and future reference.
• Defined voice, editorial and style guidelines, messaging hierarchies, strategic guidelines, taxonomies, and content creation plans.
• Wrote and edited UI content by identifying user and business goals, then adapting requirements to effectively publicize product functionality and benefits.
• Partnered with team members to guide and implement content strategy from discovery through build and maintenance.
University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
Creative Writing & Composition Instructor, Graduate Teaching Fellow, September 2010 – June 2013
• Taught students to think critically, identify impactful ideas, organize these into a meaningful narrative structure, and communicate it all naturally yet persuasively in writing.
• Conducted workshops where students learned to support content objectives by highlighting key ideas and editing unnecessary or ineffective prose.
• Edited student work in a clear, constructive way, using established guidelines to direct feedback.
Ford Models and Artists, San Francisco, CA
Freelance Fashion Stylist, June 2005 – August 2010
• Strategized and collaborated with other creatives to produce editorial features, print and television advertising campaigns, and fulfill marketing objectives for clients like Nike, Apple, Levi Strauss & Co., and Hewlett Packard.
• Consulted as an expert of current trends with an eye for visual composition and attention to detail.
• Produced quality creative work in a consistent, timely, organized manner, demonstrating ability to identify and execute campaign initiatives.
• Hired, supervised, and mentored assistants.
Pearson Publishing, San Francisco,CA
Editorial Assistant, November 2003 – June 2005
• Managed project development for a diverse list of advanced programming, systems, and new technology books under the Addison Wesley, Adobe Press, Cisco Press, and New Riders imprints.
• Supervised and evaluated development and quality of author content, maintained all editorial calendars, and acted as point of contact for publication team.
• Conducted market research and competitive analysis then prepared review summaries and reports in order to identify primary users and prioritize new product opportunities.
University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
Master of Fine Arts (Fiction), June 2013
Thesis: Relatives (a novel about interracial adoption)
Honors: Third Year Teaching Fellowship, Thesis Development Grant
Activities: Live Lit West Reading Series Organizer, Writers in Schools Volunteer
University of California, Berkeley, CA
Bachelor of Arts (English, Creative Writing), December 2002
Honors: Dean’s List
Activities: Prison University Project Volunteer